Have you always wanted high quality tufted leather furniture but can’t find quality that’s up to your standards at a price you can afford? Are you looking for real tufted leather sofas, love seats, chairs and sectionals that have classic looks, built to last for decades with proper care? Most tufted leather sofas sold today, including those found in catalog stores are not really tufted, they are what is called pre-tufted. When sofas are pre-tufted, tufts are sewn into the leather and then an upholstered button with a nail is pushed through the sewn in tuft and attached behind the leather with a metal slip washer. The problem with pre-tufted leather sofas is, the tufts eventually loosen and can actually fall out as over time the washers slip off. Manufactures use pre-tufting to save time and money. There are also very few people today that actually know how to tuft in the traditional method. The majority of tufted leather sofas are built with plywood frames, sinuous springs, drop in spring units of various types and petroleum based cushion cores on their loose cushion models. These sofas have an average life expectancy of 5 years. Do you prefer something Hand Crafted in North Carolina, with real button tufting, in the traditional manner with a 12" upholsterers needle rather than something mass produced and shipped over in a container?
Do you prefer tufted leather furniture that does not contain toxic chemicals found in many leather sofas such as Formaldehyde and sofas shipped in overseas containers which can contain a chemical anti fungal agent called Dimethyl Fumarate or DMF. Are you also looking for something that is incredibly comfortable?
Our made to order Classic Leather Furniture is probably just what you have been searching for. Our furniture features:
- 5/4 Solid Maple Frames, not hardwood plywood. Plywood is also referred to as manufactured or engineered hardwood.
- True 8 Way Hand Tied Hand Knotted Springs, standard.
- 6 Down Blend Cushion options with long life soy based Ultracel foam cores available on our loose cushion models.
- Real hand tufting tufting in the traditional manner with a 12" upholsterers needle.
- Featuring 149 Full Grain, Fully Aniline Dyed leathers from one of the best tanneries in the world located in Bassano Del Grappa, Italy, representing the top 2-3% of leathers used on upholstered furniture.
- Available in a variety of sizes and in some cases a variety of seating depths. Our popular Kingsbridge and Brighton styles now have an assortment of 30 pieces each including 110", 117", 144" sofas, sectionals, sofa chaises, and sleep sofas on the Kingsbridge model. Custom sizes are also available.
Want to know more about who makes our furniture?
Read our featured article: Casco Bay Furniture - The Expertise of our Furniture Factories.
Casco Bay Furniture - The Expertise of our Furniture Factories